Monday, March 12, 2012

Top Albums of 2011?

Its now February March (Christ, already?) so maybe its time to make a best albums of 2011 list, but you know I really haven't listened to much new music.  I'm usually a few years behind on my music choices.  I have been reading through a great many lists in hopes to broaden my playlists.  I have found some gems and I have found some that ruined my ear drums.  A lot of the lists included Washed Out and Yuck.  I gave these albums a chance, but they did nothing for me.  On the other hand, Kurt Vile and Charles Bradley both put out enjoyable albums.


A lot of top 2011 lists included the same albums, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, tUnE-yArDs, but one album that was missing from a grand majority of the lists is TV on the Radio's new album.  I thought the album was phenomenal. So far I have only seen it on maybe 3 lists.  Along with the album release, they also came out with a full-length video.
If you have a free hour, check out the video.


Now onto my top list of 2004


The Streets - A Grand Don't Come for Free












Songs like Such a Twat, Not Addicted, Dry Your Eyes.  This disc is a winner.







Carbon Leaf - Indian Summer
Solid album all the way through 



Jens Lenkman - When I Said I Wanted to Be Your Dog








Psychogirl.












Guy Davis - Legacy


Starts with a good song and ends with a good song.


Eminem - Encore


Not his best album, but there a few good gems on this one.  Mosh and Ass like that are quality tracks.  


Ben Kweller - On My Way


Strong album.  Some slow songs and songs that pick up steam. 


Green Day - American Idiot


I listened to this album a lot.  


Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder


Great album from Incubus.  Their albums never let me down, except for Light Grenades.  Whenever I hear an Incubus song on my Zune that I don't like, its always from Light Grenades. 


Killers - Hot Fuss


Couple good tracks here. 


Ray LaMontagne - Trouble


Mellow sounds for a quiet evening


TV on the Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes


They put an album out during this year so of course they get a spot.


Mos Def - New Danger


He is the most beautiful Boogie Man.





No comments:

Post a Comment